The Research Database (RDB) is created by the Yale Undergraduate Research Association (YURA) as a cross-disciplinary database of Yale faculty with profile and research information. With department filters and search functions, the database is a collection of information about faculty members from all departments at Yale. It aims to provide Yale undergraduates of any disciplines a convenient, user-friendly, and more intuitive platform to find out about the work of faculty at Yale and look for potential undergraduate research mentors.
RDB is not meant to be a one-stop shop for learning about and connecting with faculty, but rather an integrated springboard for such. After looking for interesting faculty members, do go to their websites to learn about them and their research!
If you are looking for more resources and information about undergraduate research, fellowships and other related events, we've got you covered— head over to YURA's website!
How to Use
Log in to the listings through the "Log In" button above. On the listings page, you can find, for each faculty member, their:
- Affiliated departments, programs and/or schools
- A brief description of their work and research (Use the "Show more/less" button to expand and contract the descriptions.)
To learn more about them, click on the name or "Go to website" to access the faculty members' webpage.
- Use the keyword search box to search for names or keywords in descriptions
- Use the “Departments” box to filter the list by their affiliated departments and programs
- Click on "Reset Filter" to remove the searches and filters
Explore around the database to try out some of the features yourself!